Office Small Talk辦公室閒聊
聆聽課程
0:00
0:00
#1
Hey, Alex! You look like you could use a coffee. Rough morning?
嘿,艾力克斯!你看起來好像需要來杯咖啡。早上的情況不太順利嗎?
#2
Ha, is it that obvious? I barely slept last night because of the thunderstorm.
哈,有那麼明顯嗎?我昨晚因為雷雨幾乎沒睡。
#3
I heard it was pretty intense. The weather has been unpredictable lately, hasn't it?
我聽說那場雷雨相當猛烈。最近的天氣一直變幻莫測,不是嗎?
#4
Absolutely. I still haven't gotten used to the climate here since I relocated last month.
一點也沒錯。自從上個月搬過來之後,我到現在還沒習慣這裡的氣候。
#5
That's understandable. It takes a while to acclimatize. Where did you move from, if you don't mind my asking?
那是可以理解的。適應環境需要一段時間。如果不介意我問的話,你搬來這裡之前是住在哪裡?
#6
I grew up in San Diego, where the weather is remarkably consistent all year round.
我在聖地牙哥長大,那裡的天氣全年都非常穩定。
#7
No wonder you're struggling! So, how are you settling in with the project team?
難怪你覺得吃力!那麼,你和專案團隊磨合得如何了?
#8
It's been a steep learning curve, but the codebase is fascinating. I had no idea the project was this complex.
這段時間的學習曲線很陡峭,但代碼庫非常迷人。我沒想到這個專案會這麼複雜。
#9
Were it not for the tight deadline, I'd give you more time to explore it thoroughly.
若不是因為截止日期太緊迫,我會給你更多時間深入探索它。
#10
I appreciate that, Tom. By the way, do you have any lunch recommendations around here?
我很感激,湯姆。順便問一下,這附近有什麼推薦的午餐嗎?
#11
There's a Vietnamese place on Fifth Street that I'm particularly fond of. The pho is outstanding.
第五街有一家我特別喜歡的越南餐廳。那裡的河粉非常出色。
#12
That sounds great. I've been meaning to venture beyond the cafeteria for a while now.
那聽起來很棒。我一直打算去員工餐廳以外的地方探索好一陣子了。
#13
Why don't we grab lunch there today? It would be a good chance to discuss the project roadmap informally.
我們今天何不就在那裡吃午餐?這會是一個非正式討論專案路線圖的好機會。
#14
I'd love that! And what do you usually do on the weekend around here?
我很樂意!那你通常週末都在這附近做些什麼呢?
#15
Not only do I enjoy hiking the nearby trails, but I also volunteer at a community garden on Saturdays.
我不僅喜歡在附近的步道健行,週六還會在社區花園當志工。
#16
That's impressive. I should get out more rather than just binge-watching shows at home.
那真令人印象深刻。我應該多出門走走,而不是只在家裡瘋狂追劇。
#17
You're welcome to join anytime. It's a great way to meet people and unwind after a demanding week.
隨時歡迎你加入。這是結識新朋友並在忙碌了一週後放鬆身心的好方法。