Social Gatherings社交聚會
聆聽課程
0:00
0:00
#1
Hey Alex, glad you could make it to the rooftop barbecue tonight!
嘿 Alex,很高興你能來參加今晚的屋頂烤肉派對!
#2
Thanks for the invite, man. This place has a spectacular view of the skyline.
謝了,兄弟。這裡的天際線景觀簡直絕了。
#3
Right? I figured it would be the perfect venue for a housewarming get-together.
對吧?我就想說這裡會是舉辦入厝聚會的完美場地。
#4
Absolutely. I hardly know anyone here yet, so this is a great opportunity to mingle.
一點也沒錯。我在這裡幾乎還不認識任何人,所以這是個社交結識新朋友的好機會。
#5
So, have you been settling into the new city without too much hassle?
那麼,你搬到新城市後,安頓得還順利嗎?沒有遇到太多麻煩吧?
#6
More or less. Were it not for the nightmare of finding decent furniture, I'd say it's been smooth.
差不多吧。若不是因為找像樣的家具簡直是場噩夢,我會說一切都很順利。
#7
Ha! Tell me about it. When I moved here, I slept on an air mattress for weeks.
哈!我懂你的意思(深有同感)。我剛搬到這裡的時候,睡了好幾週的充氣床墊。
#8
That sounds rough. At least I managed to get a proper bed delivered on day one.
那聽起來很艱辛。至少我在第一天就設法讓一張像樣的床送達了。
#9
By the way, a couple of people introduced themselves earlier. It's nice to meet your crowd.
順帶一提,剛才已經有幾個人向我自我介紹了。很高興能認識你的這群朋友。
#10
Yeah, most of them are from my gym or the volleyball league. What did you guys talk about?
對啊,他們大部分是我健身房的朋友或是排球聯賽的隊友。你們剛才聊了些什麼?
#11
The usual small talk — weekend plans, hobbies, where everyone's originally from, that sort of thing.
就是常見的閒聊——週末計畫、愛好、大家原本來自哪裡,諸如此類的事情。
#12
Not only is small talk underrated, but it also lays the groundwork for genuine friendships.
閒聊不僅被低估了,它還為建立真摯的友誼奠定了基礎。
#13
Speaking of hobbies, I've been meaning to pick up something beyond just coding all day.
說到愛好,我一直想在整天寫程式之外,再培養一些別的興趣。
#14
You should try the outdoor boot camp I run on Saturday mornings. It's incredibly rewarding.
你應該試試我週六早上帶領的戶外訓練營。這非常有成就感。
#15
That does sound appealing, provided it doesn't completely wreck me before brunch.
那聽起來確實很吸引人,前提是它不會在早午餐前讓我徹底累垮。
#16
I promise you'll survive. Besides, nothing beats grabbing pancakes after a solid workout.
我保證你撐得住。況且,沒有什麼比在高強度健身後吃鬆餅更過癮的了。
#17
Deal. I'll sign up for next Saturday then. Maybe I can invite some of the people I met tonight.
成交。那我下週六會報名。也許我可以邀請一些我今晚認識的人。
#18
Now you're talking! The more, the merrier. That's how communities are built, one gathering at a time.
這就對了!人越多越熱鬧。社群就是這樣建立起來的,一次又一次的聚會慢慢累積而成。
#19
Couldn't agree more. I'm genuinely glad I came tonight instead of binge-watching another series.
我完全同意。我真的很慶幸今晚有來,而不是在家瘋狂追劇。
#20
See? Had you stayed home, you would have missed out on the best burgers in the neighborhood.
看到了吧?如果你待在家裡,你就會錯過這附近最棒的漢堡了。