Renting an Apartment租房
完整音频预览
0:00
0:00
#1
Emma, I'm so glad you could meet me here after work today.
Emma,我很高兴你今天下班后能来这里跟我见面。
#2
Of course! You mentioned you've been apartment hunting, and I know how overwhelming that can be.
当然了!你提到你最近一直在找公寓,而我知道那种过程会有多么令人不知所措。
#3
Honestly, I've viewed six places this week, and none of them felt quite right for me.
老实说,我这周看了六个地方,但没有一个让我觉得完全合适。
#4
What exactly are you looking for?
你究竟在找什么样的房子呢?
#5
It helps to narrow down your non-negotiable criteria first.
先缩小你的不可协商准则范围会有所帮助。
#6
I need a one-bedroom place where the rent doesn't exceed twelve hundred a month, utilities included.
我需要一间一房一厅的住处,租金每月不超过一千两百元,且包含水电煤气费。
#7
That's a reasonable budget.
那是个合理的预算。
#8
Were any of the places you visited within that range?
你参观过的那些地方,有任何一处是在那个预算范围内的吗?
#9
A couple were, but one had a damp basement smell, and the other lacked natural light entirely.
有几间是符合的,但其中一间有一股潮湿地下室的味道,而另一间则完全缺乏采光。
#10
Have you considered what kind of lease terms you'd be comfortable with?
你有考虑过你比较能接受什么样的租约条款吗?
#11
I'd prefer a twelve-month lease, provided the landlord agrees to a reasonable renewal clause.
我比较倾向签一年的租约,前提是房东同意合理的续约条款。
#12
That's smart.
那很聪明。
#13
Never should you sign a lease without scrutinizing the termination and penalty provisions.
你绝对不应该在没有仔细审查终止和违约条款的情况下签署租约。
#14
I hadn't thought about that.
我之前没想到那一点。
#15
What should I specifically watch out for in the fine print?
在合约细则中,我具体应该注意哪些事项?
#16
First, verify whether the deposit is refundable and under what conditions deductions may apply.
首先,确认押金是否可退还,以及在何种条件下可能会扣款。
#17
One landlord mentioned a deposit equivalent to two months' rent, which seemed rather steep.
一位房东提到押金相当于两个月的租金,这似乎相当昂贵。
#18
It is steep.
那确实很贵。
#19
I'd recommend you negotiate that down or request an itemized deduction policy in writing.
我建议你把那个价格谈下来,或是要求一份书面的逐项扣款政策。
#20
That's brilliant advice.
那真是个高明的建议。
#21
I wish I had consulted you before viewing all those places.
我真希望在看那些房子之前有先咨询过你。
#22
It's not too late.
现在还不算太晚。
#23
I actually know a reputable agent who specializes in affordable rentals downtown.
我其实认识一位信誉良好的房地产经纪人,她专门负责市中心负担得起的租屋。
#24
Would you mind sharing her contact?
你介意分享她的联系方式吗?
#25
That would save me an enormous amount of time.
那会帮我节省大量的时间。
#26
I'll text you her details right now.
我现在就把她的联系信息发短信给你。
#27
Just make sure you clarify the lease terms upfront.
只要确保你预先厘清租赁条款即可。
#28
You're a lifesaver, Emma.
艾玛,你真是我的救星。
#29
I feel so much more confident about tackling this whole process now.
我现在对应对这整个过程感到有信心多了。