Social Gatherings社交聚会
完整音频预览
0:00
0:00
#1
Hey Alex, glad you could make it to the rooftop barbecue tonight!
嘿 Alex,很高兴你能来参加今晚的屋顶烧烤派对!
#2
Thanks for the invite, man. This place has a spectacular view of the skyline.
谢了,兄弟。这里的天际线景观简直绝了。
#3
Right? I figured it would be the perfect venue for a housewarming get-together.
对吧?我就想说这里会是举办入厝聚会的完美场地。
#4
Absolutely. I hardly know anyone here yet, so this is a great opportunity to mingle.
一点也没错。我在这里几乎还不认识任何人,所以这是个社交结识新朋友的好机会。
#5
So, have you been settling into the new city without too much hassle?
那么,你搬到新城市后,安顿得还顺利吗?没有遇到太多麻烦吧?
#6
More or less. Were it not for the nightmare of finding decent furniture, I'd say it's been smooth.
差不多吧。要不是因为找像样的家具简直是场噩梦,我会说一切都很顺利。
#7
Ha! Tell me about it. When I moved here, I slept on an air mattress for weeks.
哈!我懂你的意思(深有同感)。我刚搬到这里的时候,睡了好几周的充气床垫。
#8
That sounds rough. At least I managed to get a proper bed delivered on day one.
那听起来很艰辛。至少我在第一天就设法让一张像样的床送达了。
#9
By the way, a couple of people introduced themselves earlier. It's nice to meet your crowd.
顺带一提,刚才已经有几个人向我自我介绍了。很高兴能认识你的这群朋友。
#10
Yeah, most of them are from my gym or the volleyball league. What did you guys talk about?
对啊,他们大部分是我健身房的朋友或是排球联赛的队友。你们刚才聊了些什么?
#11
The usual small talk — weekend plans, hobbies, where everyone's originally from, that sort of thing.
就是常见的闲聊——周末计划、爱好、大家原本来自哪里,诸如此类的事情。
#12
Not only is small talk underrated, but it also lays the groundwork for genuine friendships.
闲聊不仅被低估了,它还为建立真挚的友谊奠定了基础。
#13
Speaking of hobbies, I've been meaning to pick up something beyond just coding all day.
说到爱好,我一直想在整天写代码之外,再培养一些别的兴趣。
#14
You should try the outdoor boot camp I run on Saturday mornings. It's incredibly rewarding.
你应该试试我周六早上带领的户外训练营。这非常有成就感。
#15
That does sound appealing, provided it doesn't completely wreck me before brunch.
那听起来确实很吸引人,前提是它不会在早午餐前让我彻底累垮。
#16
I promise you'll survive. Besides, nothing beats grabbing pancakes after a solid workout.
我保证你撑得住。况且,没有什么比在高强度健身后吃松饼更过瘾的了。
#17
Deal. I'll sign up for next Saturday then. Maybe I can invite some of the people I met tonight.
成交。那我下週六會報名。也許我可以邀請一些我今晚認識的人。
#18
Now you're talking! The more, the merrier. That's how communities are built, one gathering at a time.
这就对了!人越多越热闹。社群就是这样建立起来的,一次又一次的聚会慢慢积累而成。
#19
Couldn't agree more. I'm genuinely glad I came tonight instead of binge-watching another series.
我完全同意。我真的很庆幸今晚有来,而不是在家疯狂追剧。
#20
See? Had you stayed home, you would have missed out on the best burgers in the neighborhood.
看到了吧?如果你待在家里,你就会错过这附近最棒的汉堡了。