Asking for Directions问路
完整音频预览
0:00
0:00
#1
Hey Lisa, I hate to admit it, but I think we're completely lost.
嘿,丽莎,我很不想承认,但我想我们彻底迷路了。
#2
What makes you say that? We've been following this map for the last twenty minutes.
你为什么这么说?过去二十分钟我们一直跟着这张地图走。
#3
Well, that cathedral was supposed to be a major landmark, but it's nowhere in sight.
嗯,那座大教堂本该是个主要地标,但现在却不见踪影。
#4
Let me have a look. I suspect we took a wrong turn at that roundabout earlier.
让我看一下。我怀疑我们刚才在那个圆环转错弯了。
#5
Should we ask someone for directions? There's a woman standing by that flower shop.
我们应该向人问路吗?那边花店旁边站着一位女士。
#6
Good idea. Excuse me, could you tell us how to get to the old market square?
好主意。不好意思,请问您可以告诉我们怎么去旧市场广场吗?
#7
We've been trying to find it, but the streets here are rather confusing.
我们一直试着寻找它,但这里的街道相当令人困惑。
#8
We'd really appreciate it if you could point us in the right direction.
如果您能为我们指点正确的方向,我们将不胜感激。
#9
She said we need to walk straight for about three blocks past the fountain.
她说我们需要直走大约三个街区,经过喷泉。
#10
That's not too bad. What's the approximate distance from here, do you reckon?
那还不算太糟。你觉得从这里出发的大约距离是多少?
#11
Roughly a fifteen-minute walk, provided we don't wander off course again.
大约十五分钟的路程,前提是我们别再走偏了。
#12
At least now we have a concrete landmark to look for — that stone fountain.
至少现在我们有一个具体的标志物可以寻找——就是那个石造喷泉。
#13
You know, had I downloaded the offline map beforehand, we wouldn't be in this mess.
你知道吗,如果我事先下载了离线地图,我们现在就不会陷入这种困境了。
#14
No use dwelling on that now. Besides, getting lost is half the adventure, isn't it?
现在纠结那个也没用了。况且,迷路也是冒险的一部分,不是吗?
#15
That's precisely what I always tell my blog readers — embrace the unexpected detours.
那正是我一直告诉我的博客读者的——拥抱那些意想不到的曲折。
#16
Well then, let's put the map away and enjoy the walk to the square.
那么,我们把地图收起来,享受走向广场的这段路程吧。
#17
Oh look, there it is! The stone fountain she mentioned is right around the corner.
喔你看,就在那里!她提到的那座石造喷泉就在转角处。
#18
Brilliant! And the market square must be just beyond it, within walking distance.
太棒了!市集广场一定就在它后面不远处,步行即可到达。
#19
I can already see the stalls from here. This place is absolutely stunning.
我已经可以看到这里的摊位了。这地方简直美极了。
#20
Next time, remind me to study the map more carefully before we set off.
下次,在我们出发前,请提醒我要更仔细地研究地图。