Renting an Apartment
Listen to Course
0:00
0:00
#1
Emma, I'm so glad you could meet me here after work today.
Emma,我很高興妳今天下班後能來這裡跟我見面。
#2
Of course! You mentioned you've been apartment hunting, and I know how overwhelming that can be.
當然了!你提到你最近一直在找公寓,而我知道那種過程會有多麼令人不知所措。
#3
Honestly, I've viewed six places this week, and none of them felt quite right for me.
老實說,我這週看了六個地方,但沒有一個讓我覺得完全合適。
#4
What exactly are you looking for?
妳究竟在找什麼樣的房子呢?
#5
It helps to narrow down your non-negotiable criteria first.
先縮小你的不可協商準則範圍會有所幫助。
#6
I need a one-bedroom place where the rent doesn't exceed twelve hundred a month, utilities included.
我需要一間一房一廳的住處,租金每月不超過一千兩百元,且包含水電瓦斯費。
#7
That's a reasonable budget.
那是個合理的預算。
#8
Were any of the places you visited within that range?
你參觀過的那些地方,有任何一處是在那個預算範圍內的嗎?
#9
A couple were, but one had a damp basement smell, and the other lacked natural light entirely.
有幾間是符合的,但其中一間有一股潮濕地下室的味道,而另一間則完全缺乏採光。
#10
Have you considered what kind of lease terms you'd be comfortable with?
你有考慮過你比較能接受什麼樣的租約條款嗎?
#11
I'd prefer a twelve-month lease, provided the landlord agrees to a reasonable renewal clause.
我比較傾向簽一年的租約,前提是房東同意合理的續約條款。
#12
That's smart.
那很聰明。
#13
Never should you sign a lease without scrutinizing the termination and penalty provisions.
你絕對不應該在沒有仔細審查終止和違約條款的情況下簽署租約。
#14
I hadn't thought about that.
我之前沒想到那一點。
#15
What should I specifically watch out for in the fine print?
在合約細則中,我具體應該注意哪些事項?
#16
First, verify whether the deposit is refundable and under what conditions deductions may apply.
首先,確認押金是否可退還,以及在何種條件下可能會扣款。
#17
One landlord mentioned a deposit equivalent to two months' rent, which seemed rather steep.
一位房東提到押金相當於兩個月的租金,這似乎相當昂貴。
#18
It is steep.
那確實很貴。
#19
I'd recommend you negotiate that down or request an itemized deduction policy in writing.
我建議你把那個價格談下來,或是要求一份書面的逐項扣款政策。
#20
That's brilliant advice.
那真是個高明的建議。
#21
I wish I had consulted you before viewing all those places.
我真希望在看那些房子之前有先諮詢過妳。
#22
It's not too late.
現在還不算太晚。
#23
I actually know a reputable agent who specializes in affordable rentals downtown.
我其實認識一位信譽良好的房地產經紀人,她專門負責市中心負擔得起的租屋處。
#24
Would you mind sharing her contact?
妳介意分享她的聯絡方式嗎?
#25
That would save me an enormous amount of time.
那會幫我節省大量的時間。
#26
I'll text you her details right now.
我現在就把她的聯絡資訊傳簡訊給你。
#27
Just make sure you clarify the lease terms upfront.
只要確保你預先釐清租賃條款即可。
#28
You're a lifesaver, Emma.
艾瑪,妳真是我的救星。
#29
I feel so much more confident about tackling this whole process now.
我現在對應對這整個過程感到有信心多了。