Travel Emergencies
Listen to Course
0:00
0:00
#1
Excuse me, I know this is a bookshop, but I desperately need some help right now.
不好意思,我知道這是一間書店,但我現在非常需要一些幫助。
#2
Of course! You look absolutely shaken. Come in and tell me what's happened.
當然可以!妳看起來嚇壞了。進來跟我說發生了什麼事。
#3
Someone snatched my bag on the Tube. My passport, my wallet, my phone — everything's gone.
有人在倫敦地鐵上搶走了我的包。我的護照、錢包、手機——所有東西都沒了。
#4
That's dreadful. First things first — have you been hurt at all?
那太可怕了。首先最重要的事——你有受傷嗎?
#5
No, just rattled. But I'm stranded without a single form of identification or any money.
不,只是受了點驚嚇。但我現在陷入困境,身上沒有任何身分證明文件,也沒有錢。
#6
Right, let's not panic. We can sort this out step by step if you'll bear with me.
好,我們先別慌。如果您能多擔待,我們可以一步步解決這個問題。
#7
You'll need to file a police report straightaway — that's essential for replacing your passport.
妳需要立即報警備案——這對於補辦妳的護照至關重要。
#8
Where's the nearest police station? I don't even know this neighbourhood.
最近的警察局在哪裡?我對這一帶一點都不熟。
#9
There's one on Marchmont Street, roughly a ten-minute walk from here. I can draw you a map.
在 Marchmont 街上有一間,從這裡走過去大約十分鐘。我可以幫你畫張地圖。
#10
That would be a lifesaver. And what about the embassy? Do I need to go there as well?
那真是救了我一命。那大使館呢?我也需要去那裡嗎?
#11
Absolutely. Once you have the police report, the embassy can issue an emergency travel document.
當然。一旦你拿到警方報案證明,大使館就能簽發緊急旅行證件。
#12
I just realized I can't even call anyone — my phone was in the bag too.
我才意識到我甚至沒辦法打電話給任何人——我的手機也在包包裡。
#13
Use the shop phone. Ring your bank first to freeze your cards before someone drains your account.
用店裡的電話吧。先打給你的銀行凍結卡片,以免有人把你的帳戶領光。
#14
Good thinking. I should also notify my travel insurance provider while I'm at it.
好主意。我也應該順便通知我的旅遊保險公司。
#15
Precisely. They may cover repatriation costs and reimburse you for the stolen belongings.
一點也沒錯。他們可能會支付遣返費用,並賠償你被盜的財物。
#16
You know, last year I had a medical emergency in Vietnam and thought that was the worst trip disaster possible.
你知道嗎,去年我在越南發生了醫療緊急狀況,當時覺得那是可能發生的最慘旅行災難了。
#17
Goodness, you've certainly had your share of misfortune. What happened in Vietnam?
天哪,妳確實遭遇了不少不幸。在越南發生了什麼事?
#18
Food poisoning escalated into severe dehydration. The hospital staff barely spoke English, which compounded the panic.
食物中毒演變成了嚴重的脫水。醫院工作人員幾乎不會說英語,這加劇了恐慌。
#19
That sounds harrowing. Did your insurance come through in the end?
那聽起來真令人揪心。妳的保險最後有發揮作用嗎?
#20
Mercifully, yes. They arranged a transfer to a private clinic and covered every penny.
謝天謝地,是的。他們安排轉院到一家私人診所,並且支付了每一分錢。
#21
Well, you clearly know the drill then. Here's the phone — and take this guidebook on London; it has all the emergency numbers.
好吧,看來妳顯然很清楚該怎麼做了。電話在這裡——還有這本倫敦旅遊指南妳拿著,裡面有所有的緊急聯絡電話。
#22
Olivia, I cannot thank you enough. You've turned what felt like a catastrophe into something manageable.
奧莉維亞,我對妳感激不盡。妳將原本感覺像是一場災難的情況,轉化成了可以應對的局面。