Laboratory Work实验室工作
完整音频预览
0:00
0:00
#1
Good morning, Hana. Welcome to the biochemistry lab — your playground for the term.
早安,Hana。欢迎来到生物化学实验室——这将是你这学期的游乐场。
#2
Thanks, Professor. I have to say, I expected it to look more like what I see on TikTok.
谢谢教授。我必须说,我原以为这里看起来会更像我在 TikTok 上看到的样子。
#3
Ah, you mean dramatic explosions and colour-changing potions? Reality is rather more meticulous, I'm afraid.
啊,你是说那些戏剧性的爆炸和会变色的药水吗?恐怕现实要严谨得多。
#4
Fair enough. So where do we even begin?
说得也是。那我们到底该从哪里开始呢?
#5
We begin with safety, naturally. Every piece of equipment in this room can harm you if mishandled.
我们自然是从安全开始。这间实验室里的每一件设备如果操作不当,都可能对你造成伤害。
#6
Even the glass stirring rods? They look pretty harmless to me.
连玻璃搅拌棒也是吗?它们在我看来相当无害。
#7
A shard of borosilicate glass in your eye would swiftly disabuse you of that notion.
一块碎裂的硼硅酸盐玻璃进入你的眼睛,会迅速消除你那种(它无害的)念头。
#8
Point taken. I'll put the goggles on without complaint.
我明白你的意思了。我会毫无怨言地戴上护目镜。
#9
Splendid. Goggles, lab coat, nitrile gloves — non-negotiable, every single session.
太棒了。护目镜、实验服、丁腈手套——这些是不可商量的,每一堂课都必须佩戴。
#10
Now, today's experiment concerns enzyme kinetics. Have you formulated a hypothesis yet?
现在,今天的实验涉及酶动力学。你已经构思出假设了吗?
#11
I read the pre-lab notes. My hypothesis is that increasing substrate concentration will accelerate the reaction — up to a saturation point.
我读了实验前笔记。我的假设是增加底物浓度会加速反应——直到达到饱和点为止。
#12
Excellent. That reflects a nuanced understanding of Michaelis-Menten kinetics.
太棒了。这反映出你对米氏动力学有着细致入微的理解。
#13
I may have gone down a Wikipedia rabbit hole last night, honestly.
老实说,我昨晚可能在维基百科上钻研得太深,停不下来了。
#14
However you arrived at the insight, what matters is that you can now test it empirically.
无论你是如何得出这个见解的,重要的是你现在可以通过实验来验证它。
#15
Alright, so I pipette different concentrations into these cuvettes and measure absorbance, correct?
好的,所以我将不同浓度的液体移液到这些比色皿中并测量吸光度,对吗?
#16
Precisely. Ensure you calibrate the spectrophotometer with a blank solution first, though.
正是如此。不过,请务必确保先用空白溶液校准分光光度计。
#17
Got it. And how do we know when the result is statistically meaningful rather than just noise?
明白了。那我们要如何判断结果是具有统计学意义,而不仅仅是随机噪声呢?
#18
You'll run triplicates and calculate standard deviation. Any anomalous data point warrants scrutiny, not dismissal.
你将进行三重复实验并计算标准差。任何异常的数据点都值得仔细审查,而非直接排除。
#19
So we don't just delete the outliers and pretend they never happened?
所以我们不只是删除离群值,然后假装它们从未发生过吗?
#20
Absolutely not. An outlier may be the most instructive result of the entire experiment.
绝对不行。离群值可能是整个实验中最具启发性的结果。
#21
I think I'm starting to see why real science feels so different from scrolling through flashy lab videos.
我想我开始明白为什么真正的科学感觉与浏览那些浮夸的实验室视频如此不同了。
#22
The rigour is what distinguishes genuine inquiry from mere spectacle, wouldn't you agree?
严谨正是区分真正的探究与单纯奇观的关键,难道你不认同吗?
#23
Completely. I'll write up my hypothesis, run the triplicates, and report every result — outliers included.
完全同意。我会写下我的假设、进行三次重复实验,并汇报每一项结果——包括离群值在内。
#24
That's the spirit. Science, at its finest, is an exercise in intellectual honesty.
这就对了。科学在其最极致的状态下,是一场对智识诚实的实践。
#25
Thanks, Professor. I'm actually looking forward to getting my hands on that equipment now.
谢谢教授。我现在真的很期待能亲自操作那些设备。
#26
Then let's not keep the spectrophotometer waiting. Off you go.
那么,我们就别让分光光度计久等了。去吧。