Programming编程
完整音频预览
0:00
0:00
#1
Hey Alex, you look pretty tired today. Did you even sleep last night?
嘿 Alex,你今天看起来挺累的。你昨晚到底有没有睡觉?
#2
Honestly, not much. I was up until three in the morning trying to fix a bug.
老实说,没睡多少。我熬夜到凌晨三点,试着修复一个程序错误。
#3
A bug? Like an actual insect crawled into your laptop or something?
程序错误?就像是真的有昆虫爬进你的笔记本电脑之类的吗?
#4
Ha, very funny. No, a bug in programming means an error in the code that causes problems.
哈,真幽默。不,程序设计中的 bug 是指代码中导致问题的错误。
#5
So what exactly went wrong with your code? Was it something complicated?
所以你的代码到底是哪里出了问题?是很复杂的东西吗?
#6
I had written a function that was supposed to calculate user subscription fees automatically.
我写了一个本应自动计算用户订阅费用的函数。
#7
That sounds useful. What was the function doing wrong, though?
那听起来很有用。不过,那个函数当时出了什么问题?
#8
It had been working perfectly during testing, but it crashed every time real data was processed.
在测试期间它一直运作得很完美,但每当处理真实数据时它就会崩溃。
#9
That must have been incredibly frustrating after all the testing you had done.
在你做了那么多测试之后,那一定让你感到非常挫折。
#10
The worst part was that my team needed to deploy the application by Friday morning.
最糟糕的部分是我的团队需要在周五早上之前部署应用程序。
#11
Deploy? Is that like launching it so people can actually use it?
部署?那就像是发布它,好让大家真的能使用它吗?
#12
Exactly. Deploying means releasing the software to the live server where users can access it.
没错。部署(Deploying)的意思是将软件发布到正式服务器上,让用户可以访问它。
#13
So you were basically racing against the clock to find and fix the problem.
所以你基本上是在与时间赛跑,为了找出并解决那个问题。
#14
Yes, and the pressure was enormous because the client had already been promised a delivery date.
是的,而且压力非常巨大,因为客户已经被承诺了一个交付日期。
#15
So how did you finally solve it? Did someone help you figure it out?
所以你最后是怎么解决它的?有人帮你想明白吗?
#16
Actually, I took a break and went for a walk around midnight to clear my head.
事实上,我休息了一下,并在午夜左右去散步来清醒头脑。
#17
See, that is basically what I always tell you. Exercise helps the brain work better.
你看吧,这基本上就是我一直跟你说的。运动有助于大脑运作得更好。
#18
You are not wrong. When I came back, I noticed a tiny missing condition in the function.
你没说错。当我回来时,我注意到函数中缺少了一个微小的条件。
#19
A tiny missing condition caused all that trouble? Programming sounds like detective work to me.
一个微小的遗漏条件就造成了所有那些麻烦?编程对我来说听起来就像侦探工作。
#20
It really is. Finding bugs requires patience, logic, and sometimes a fresh pair of eyes.
确实如此。寻找程序错误需要耐心、逻辑,有时还需要全新的视角。
#21
By the way, did you not mention you have a tech interview coming up soon?
顺便问一下,你不是提到你很快就有一个技术面试吗?
#22
Yes, I do. By next month, I will have completed three rounds of technical interviews.
是的,没错。到下个月为止,我将已经完成三轮技术面试。
#23
That is impressive. What kind of questions do they usually ask in those interviews?
那真令人印象深刻。他们通常在那些面试中问什么样的问题?
#24
They ask you to write code on the spot and explain your problem-solving approach clearly.
他们要求你当场写代码,并清楚地解释你的问题解决方法。
#25
Sounds tough. Well, if you can survive debugging at three in the morning, you can handle anything.
听起来很艰难。嗯,如果你能熬过凌晨三点的除错工作,你就能应付任何事情。
#26
Thanks, Jake. Now let us stop talking about code and start lifting some weights instead.
谢了,Jake。现在让我们停止谈论代码,改为开始举重吧。