Laboratory Work实验室工作
完整音频预览
0:00
0:00
#1
Good morning, Hana. Welcome to the university's chemistry laboratory for your summer programme.
早安,Hana。欢迎来到大学的化学实验室参加你的夏季课程。
#2
Good morning, Professor James! I've been looking forward to this for weeks.
早安,詹姆斯教授!我已经期待这件事好几周了。
#3
I'm glad to hear that. Before we begin any experiment, we must discuss safety procedures.
很高兴听到你这么说。在我们开始任何实验之前,我们必须讨论安全程序。
#4
That makes sense. My school lab has strict rules too, but I imagine yours are even stricter.
这很有道理。我学校的实验室也有严格的规定,但我猜想你们的规定甚至更严格。
#5
First, always wear your safety goggles and lab coat when handling chemicals or heated equipment.
首先,在处理化学品或加热设备时,请务必佩戴护目镜并穿上实验袍。
#6
Got it. What about gloves? I've seen scientists wearing them in YouTube videos.
明白了。那手套呢?我曾在 YouTube 视频中看过科学家戴着它们。
#7
Good observation. Gloves are required whenever you handle corrosive or toxic substances directly.
观察得好。每当你直接处理腐蚀性或有毒物质时,都必须戴上手套。
#8
Should I also tie my hair back? I read that loose hair can be a hazard near flames.
我也应该把头发扎起来吗?我读到过披散的头发在火焰附近可能会有危险。
#9
Absolutely. Now, let me explain today's experiment. We will test how temperature affects reaction speed.
正是如此。现在,让我解释今天的实验。我们将测试温度如何影响反应速度。
#10
Oh, cool! So what's our hypothesis? That higher temperatures make reactions faster?
喔,太酷了!所以我们的假设是什么?是较高的温度会让反应变快吗?
#11
Precisely. Our hypothesis states that increasing temperature will accelerate the rate of reaction.
正是如此。我们的假设指出,提高温度会加快反应速率。
#12
I learned about this in class, but I've never actually tested it with real equipment before.
我在课堂上学过这个,但我以前从未真正用真实的设备测试过它。
#13
That's exactly why hands-on experience matters. Now, let me show you the equipment we'll be using.
这正是为什么动手实践的经验如此重要。现在,让我向你展示我们将要使用的设备。
#14
Is that a Bunsen burner? I've only ever used electric hot plates at school.
那是本生灯吗?我以前在学校只用过电热板。
#15
Yes, it is. You'll also need beakers, a thermometer, a stopwatch, and the chemical solution.
是的,它是。你还会需要烧杯、温度计、秒表和化学溶液。
#16
Should I measure the solution first, or should I set up the burner and wait for instructions?
我应该先测量溶液,还是应该架设燃烧器并等待指示?
#17
Excellent question. First, measure fifty millilitres of solution into each of the three beakers.
问得好。首先,将五十毫升的溶液分别倒入这三个烧杯中。
#18
Done! I've measured the solution into all three beakers. What temperature should each one be?
完成了!我已经把溶液量好并倒入这三个烧杯中了。每一个烧杯应该是什么温度?
#19
Heat the first beaker to thirty degrees, the second to fifty, and the third to seventy.
将第一个烧杯加热到三十度,第二个加热到五十度,第三个加热到七十度。
#20
The reaction in the hottest beaker is happening so much faster! This is amazing to watch.
最热烧杯中的反应发生得快多了!这看着真令人惊讶。
#21
Wonderful. Now record the result for each beaker, including the exact time each reaction took.
太棒了。现在记录每个烧杯的结果,包括每次反应所花费的确切时间。
#22
So our hypothesis was confirmed by the results. Higher temperatures really do speed up reactions!
所以我们的假设被结果证实了。较高的温度确实会加快反应速度!
#23
Well done, Hana. Having completed your first proper experiment, you should feel quite proud of yourself.
做得好,Hana。完成了你的第一个正式实验,你应该为自己感到相当自豪。