Office Small Talk办公室闲聊
完整音频预览
0:00
0:00
#1
Hey, Alex! I don't think we've had a chance to properly introduce ourselves yet.
嘿,艾力克斯!我想我们还没有机会正式互相自我介绍。
#2
Oh, hi there! You're right, I've seen you around but we haven't actually talked.
噢,你好!你说得对,我常看到你,但我们还没真正交谈过。
#3
I'm Tom, the project manager for the development team. I've been here about eight years now.
我是 Tom,开发团队的项目经理。我已经在这里待了大约八年了。
#4
Nice to meet you, Tom. I'm Alex, a software engineer. I just joined the company three weeks ago.
很高兴认识你,Tom。我是 Alex,一名软件工程师。我三周前才刚加入公司。
#5
Welcome aboard! So how are you settling in? Moving to a new city can be quite overwhelming.
欢迎加入!那么你适应得如何?搬到一个新城市可能会让人感到不知所措。
#6
Thanks! It's been a bit of an adjustment, honestly. I hadn't lived anywhere outside my hometown before this.
谢谢!老实说,这需要一点时间适应。在这之前,我从未住在故乡以外的任何地方。
#7
That's a big step. Where did you move from, if you don't mind me asking?
那是一大步。如果你不介意我问的话,你从哪里搬来的?
#8
I came from a small town near Portland. The pace of life here is completely different.
我来自波特兰附近的一个小镇。这里的生活节奏完全不同。
#9
I can imagine. By the way, have you noticed how unpredictable the weather has been lately?
我能想象。顺带一提,你有注意到最近的天气有多么变化无常吗?
#10
Absolutely! I had expected it to be sunny this week, but it's been raining nonstop since Monday.
一点也没错!我原本预期这周会是晴天,但从周一以来就一直下雨没停过。
#11
That's typical for this time of year. You'll have gotten used to it by next spring, I promise.
这在每年的这个时候很常见。我保证,到明年春天你就会习惯了。
#12
I hope so. At least the rain gives me an excuse to explore indoor spots around the city.
我也希望如此。至少这场雨给了我一个借口去探索城市里的室内景点。
#13
Speaking of exploring, have you found any good lunch spots nearby? There are some great options.
说到探索,你最近在附近有发现什么不错的午餐地点吗?这里有一些很棒的选择。
#14
Not yet. I've mostly been eating at my desk because I've been swamped with the onboarding process.
还没。我大部分时间都在座位上吃,因为我最近忙于入职培训流程。
#15
You should definitely take a proper lunch break. There's an Italian place around the corner that everyone loves.
你绝对应该好好休个午假。转角处有一家大家都喜爱的意大利餐厅。
#16
That sounds amazing. I've been craving something other than sandwiches from the vending machine.
那听起来太棒了。我一直很渴望吃点贩卖机三明治以外的东西。
#17
Why don't we grab lunch there together tomorrow? I could show you a few other places too.
我们明天要不要一起去那里吃午餐?我也可以带你看其他几个地方。
#18
I'd really appreciate that. By the way, how's the current project going? I heard the deadline was moved.
我真的很感激。顺便问一下,目前的项目进展如何?我听说截止日期延后了。
#19
It's been quite intense. The deadline had originally been set for March, but it was pushed back to April.
最近变得很紧凑。截止日期原本设定在三月,但被延后到了四月。
#20
That must be a relief. Having extra time to refine the product should make a real difference.
那一定松了一口气。有额外的时间来完善产品应该会产生实质的影响。
#21
Exactly. And we could definitely use a fresh perspective from someone like you on the team.
没错。而且团队中确实很需要像你这样的人提供新的观点。
#22
I'm looking forward to contributing. So, any plans for the weekend? I need recommendations for things to do.
我很期待能有所贡献。那么,周末有什么计划吗?我需要一些活动建议。
#23
My family and I usually go hiking when the weather cooperates. You're welcome to join us sometime.
我和家人通常会在天气配合时去健行。欢迎你找个时间加入我们。
#24
That sounds wonderful. Thanks for being so welcoming, Tom. I really appreciate it.
那听起来太棒了。谢谢你这么热情,Tom。我真的很感激。