Renting an Apartment租房
完整音频预览
0:00
0:00
#1
Hey, Emma! Thanks so much for meeting me here at the café today.
嘿,Emma!非常感谢你今天在这里跟我见面。
#2
Of course, Sarah. You mentioned on the phone that you're looking for a new apartment.
当然了,莎拉。你在电话中提到你正在找新公寓。
#3
Yes, exactly! My current lease expires at the end of next month, so I need to find something soon.
没错,正是如此!我目前的租约将在下个月底到期,所以我需要尽快找到新住处。
#4
That doesn't give you much time. Have you already started browsing listings online?
那没给你留下多少时间。你已经开始在网上浏览租房清单了吗?
#5
I've looked at a few places, but nothing has really stood out to me yet.
我已经看了几个地方,但目前还没有什么特别吸引我的。
#6
What's your budget? That will help narrow down the options significantly.
你的预算是多少?那将有助于大幅缩小选择范围。
#7
I can afford around twelve hundred a month for rent, including utilities if possible.
我每个月大约可以负担一千两百元的房租,如果可能的话,包含水电煤气费。
#8
That's reasonable for this area. Are you willing to pay utilities separately if needed?
就这一区来说,那样很合理。如果有需要的话,你愿意分开支付水电煤气费吗?
#9
I'd prefer not to, but I suppose I could manage if the rent itself were lower.
我宁愿不要,但我想如果租金本身再低一点的话,我应该可以应付。
#10
Let me share something important I've learned from my own experience with renting.
让我分享一些我从自己的租房经验中学到的重要事情。
#11
Please do! You've moved several times, so you must know a lot about this.
请说!你已经搬过好几次家了,所以你一定对这件事了解很多。
#12
First, always read the entire lease agreement carefully before you sign anything at all.
首先,在签署任何文件之前,务必仔细阅读整份租赁协议。
#13
That makes sense. What specific things should I be paying close attention to?
那很有道理。我应该特别注意哪些具体事项呢?
#14
Check the terms regarding the security deposit, especially the conditions for getting it back.
检查关于押金的条款,特别是退还押金的条件。
#15
I've heard that some landlords try to keep the deposit for minor wear and tear.
我听说有些房东会试图因为轻微的磨损而扣留押金。
#16
Exactly. That's why you should take detailed photos of the apartment before moving in.
没错。这就是为什么你应该在搬进去之前,对公寓拍摄详细的照片。
#17
Oh, I hadn't thought of that! It would serve as evidence of the original condition.
喔,我没想到那点!那可以作为原始屋况的证据。
#18
Also, ask the landlord whether the rent includes heating, water, and internet access.
此外,询问房东房租是否包含暖气、水费和网络费用。
#19
Good point. I wouldn't want any surprise bills showing up after I'd already signed the lease.
说得好。我不希望在签完租约后,才出现任何令人意外的账单。
#20
And make sure you understand the notice period required if you want to terminate early.
并且请确保你了解如果你想提前终止合约所要求的通知期。
#21
How much notice do landlords typically require in this city?
在这个城市,房东通常要求多久之前的通知?
#22
Usually about two months, but it varies depending on what the lease states.
通常大约两个月,但这取决于租约上的规定。
#23
That's really helpful. I feel much more prepared to start visiting apartments now.
那真的很有帮助。我现在觉得对于开始看公寓准备得更充分了。
#24
One last thing — always negotiate. Many landlords are open to adjusting terms if you ask.
最后一件事——务必进行协商。如果你开口要求,许多房东对于调整条款是持开放态度的。
#25
I never would have considered negotiating the rent before this conversation with you!
在和你这次谈话之前,我从来没想过要协商租金!
#26
Trust me, the worst they can say is no. You have nothing to lose by asking.
相信我,他们最坏也只是说不而已。你问了也没什么损失。
#27
Thanks, Emma. I'll keep all of your advice in mind when I meet the landlord tomorrow.
谢谢,Emma。明天我跟房东见面时,我会记住你所有的建议。