Volunteering
Listen to Course
0:00
0:00
#1
Emma, I've been mulling over something that keeps nagging at me about the volunteer sector.
Emma,我一直在反覆思考一件關於志願服務領域、且一直讓我耿耿於懷的事情。
#2
Oh? That's uncharacteristically pensive of you, Mark. What's on your mind?
喔?這對你來說可真是不尋常地沉思呢,馬克。你在想什麼?
#3
Well, I hosted a panel last week on community engagement, and one NGO director made a striking claim.
嗯,我上週主持了一場關於社區參與的座談會,其中一位非政府組織的主導人提出了一個驚人的主張。
#4
Go on. I'm all ears.
請繼續說,我洗耳恭聽。
#5
She argued that most people who volunteer are driven by guilt rather than genuine commitment to impact.
她主張大多數志願服務的人是受內疚感驅使,而非出於對產生影響力的真誠承諾。
#6
That's a provocative assertion, but I see where she's coming from. In my field, we call it performative altruism.
那是一個具挑釁性的主張,但我明白她的立場。在我的領域裡,我們稱之為表演型利他主義。
#7
Exactly. She said short-term volunteer stints can actually undermine the very community they claim to serve.
沒錯。她說短期志願服務期實際上可能會損害他們聲稱要服務的那個社區。
#8
It's a well-documented phenomenon. Donor fatigue and volunteer tourism often do more harm than good.
這是一個有據可查的現象。捐贈者疲勞和志工旅遊往往弊大於利。
#9
So what's the antidote? I refuse to believe that all community service is inherently flawed.
那麼解藥是什麼?我不願相信所有的社區服務在本質上都是有缺陷的。
#10
Of course not. The key lies in strategic alignment between the volunteer's skills and the organization's actual needs.
當然不是。關鍵在於志願者的技能與組織實際需求之間的策略性對齊。
#11
You're saying we should treat volunteering with the same rigor we'd apply to a professional engagement.
你的意思是,我們應該以對待專業工作同樣嚴謹的態度來對待志願服務。
#12
Precisely. When you donate time, it should be as deliberate and accountable as when you donate money.
正是如此。當你捐贈時間時,它應該像捐贈金錢一樣,是深思熟慮且負責任的。
#13
I love that framing. On my show, I always tell people that impact isn't measured in hours logged but in lives transformed.
我很喜歡那種框架。在我的節目中,我總是告訴人們,影響力不是以記錄的時數來衡量,而是以改變的生命來衡量。
#14
And from a marketing perspective, organizations that articulate their impact clearly attract more sustained support.
從行銷的角度來看,能清晰表達其影響力的組織更能吸引持續性的支持。
#15
So transparency becomes the bridge between fleeting goodwill and lasting social change.
因此,透明度成為了轉瞬即逝的好意與持久社會變革之間的橋樑。
#16
Exactly. The community benefits most when volunteers commit to measurable, long-term outcomes rather than one-off gestures.
沒錯。當志願者致力於可衡量的長期成果,而非一次性的姿態時,社區獲益最大。
#17
Well, Emma, you've given me plenty of ammunition for my next episode. I think we should collaborate on this.
嗯,艾瑪,妳為我的下一集節目提供了充足的素材。我想我們應該在這件事上進行合作。
#18
I'd welcome that. Perhaps we could co-design a campaign that reframes how people perceive the act of giving back.
我很歡迎。或許我們可以共同設計一個活動,重新定義大眾看待回饋社會這件事的方式。
#19
Let's do it. If we can shift even a fraction of public sentiment, the ripple effect could be extraordinary.
就這麼辦吧。如果我們能改變哪怕是一小部分的公眾情緒,其連鎖反應也可能是非凡的。
#20
Agreed. Let's turn this conversation into something tangible. I'll draft a proposal by Friday.
我同意。讓我們把這次對話轉化為具體的行動吧。我會在週五前擬好一份提案。