Renting an Apartment
Listen to Course
0:00
0:00
#1
Hey, Emma! Thanks so much for meeting me here at the café today.
嘿,Emma!非常感謝妳今天在這裡跟我碰面。
#2
Of course, Sarah. You mentioned on the phone that you're looking for a new apartment.
當然了,莎拉。妳在電話中提到妳正在找新公寓。
#3
Yes, exactly! My current lease expires at the end of next month, so I need to find something soon.
沒錯,正是如此!我目前的租約將在下個月底到期,所以我需要儘快找到新住處。
#4
That doesn't give you much time. Have you already started browsing listings online?
那沒給你留下多少時間。你已經開始在網上瀏覽租屋清單了嗎?
#5
I've looked at a few places, but nothing has really stood out to me yet.
我已經看了幾個地方,但目前還沒有什麼特別吸引我的。
#6
What's your budget? That will help narrow down the options significantly.
妳的預算多少?那將有助於大幅縮小選擇範圍。
#7
I can afford around twelve hundred a month for rent, including utilities if possible.
我每個月大約可以負擔一千兩百元的房租,如果可能的話,包含水電瓦斯費。
#8
That's reasonable for this area. Are you willing to pay utilities separately if needed?
就這一區來說,那樣很合理。如果有需要的話,妳願意分開支付水電瓦斯費嗎?
#9
I'd prefer not to, but I suppose I could manage if the rent itself were lower.
我寧願不要,但我想如果租金本身再低一點的話,我應該可以應付。
#10
Let me share something important I've learned from my own experience with renting.
讓我分享一些我從自己的租屋經驗中學到的重要事情。
#11
Please do! You've moved several times, so you must know a lot about this.
請說!你已經搬過好幾次家了,所以你一定對這件事了解很多。
#12
First, always read the entire lease agreement carefully before you sign anything at all.
首先,在簽署任何文件之前,務必仔細閱讀整份租賃協議。
#13
That makes sense. What specific things should I be paying close attention to?
那很有道理。我應該特別注意哪些具體事項呢?
#14
Check the terms regarding the security deposit, especially the conditions for getting it back.
檢查關於保證金的條款,特別是退還保證金的條件。
#15
I've heard that some landlords try to keep the deposit for minor wear and tear.
我聽說有些房東會試圖因為輕微的磨損而扣留押金。
#16
Exactly. That's why you should take detailed photos of the apartment before moving in.
沒錯。這就是為什麼你應該在搬進去之前,對公寓拍攝詳細的照片。
#17
Oh, I hadn't thought of that! It would serve as evidence of the original condition.
喔,我沒想到那點!那可以作為原始屋況的證據。
#18
Also, ask the landlord whether the rent includes heating, water, and internet access.
此外,詢問房東租金是否包含暖氣、水費和網路費用。
#19
Good point. I wouldn't want any surprise bills showing up after I'd already signed the lease.
說得好。我不希望在簽完租約後,才出現任何令人意外的帳單。
#20
And make sure you understand the notice period required if you want to terminate early.
並且請確保你了解如果你想提前終止合約所要求的通知期。
#21
How much notice do landlords typically require in this city?
在這個城市,房東通常要求多久之前的通知?
#22
Usually about two months, but it varies depending on what the lease states.
通常大約兩個月,但這取決於租約上的規定。
#23
That's really helpful. I feel much more prepared to start visiting apartments now.
那真的很有幫助。我現在覺得對於開始看公寓準備得更充分了。
#24
One last thing — always negotiate. Many landlords are open to adjusting terms if you ask.
最後一件事——務必進行協商。如果你開口要求,許多房東對於調整條款是持開放態度的。
#25
I never would have considered negotiating the rent before this conversation with you!
在和你這次談話之前,我從來沒想過要協商租金!
#26
Trust me, the worst they can say is no. You have nothing to lose by asking.
相信我,他們最壞也只是說不而已。你問了也沒什麼損失。
#27
Thanks, Emma. I'll keep all of your advice in mind when I meet the landlord tomorrow.
謝謝,Emma。明天我跟房東見面時,我會記住妳所有的建議。