Health Insurance
Listen to Course
0:00
0:00
#1
Linda, have you had a chance to look over the new insurance enrollment packet?
琳達,妳有機會查看新的保險投保資料包了嗎?
#2
I glanced at it this morning, but frankly, the options seem more convoluted than last year.
我今天早上粗略看了一下,但坦白說,這些選項似乎比去年更複雜難懂。
#3
I know what you mean. The premium on our current plan has gone up substantially.
我明白你的意思。我們目前方案的保費大幅上漲了。
#4
Exactly. And I'm not sure the coverage still justifies what we're paying each month.
沒錯。而且我不確定目前的保險範圍是否仍然值得我們每個月所支付的費用。
#5
Should we perhaps consider switching to the high-deductible plan instead?
或許我們應該考慮改用高自付額方案?
#6
That's worth exploring. A higher deductible would mean a lower monthly premium, wouldn't it?
那值得探究。較高的自付額意味著較低的月保費,不是嗎?
#7
It would, but only if we're prepared to cover more out-of-pocket expenses upfront.
會的,但前提是我們準備好要預先支付更多的自付費用。
#8
True. Were we to face a major medical emergency, the costs could be overwhelming.
的確。萬一我們面臨重大的醫療緊急狀況,費用可能會令人難以承受。
#9
That's a valid concern. Remember when I filed that claim for my knee surgery last year?
那是個合理的擔憂。還記得去年我為膝蓋手術申請理賠的時候嗎?
#10
How could I forget? The insurer initially denied it, and the appeal process was exhausting.
我怎麼可能忘記?保險公司最初拒絕了理賠,而且申訴過程精疲力竭。
#11
Precisely. Not until I submitted the additional documentation did they finally approve the claim.
一點也沒錯。直到我提交了額外的證明文件,他們才終於核准了那項理賠。
#12
So what do you propose we do? Open enrollment closes in two weeks.
那麼你建議我們該怎麼做?開放投保期將在兩週後結束。
#13
Let's compare both plans side by side tonight after dinner. We should factor in our anticipated medical needs.
我們今晚晚餐後並排比較這兩個方案。我們應該將預期的醫療需求納入考量。
#14
Good idea. I'd rather we made an informed decision than rushed into something we'd regret.
好主意。我寧願我們做出明智的決定,也不要匆忙投入我們會後悔的事情中。
#15
Agreed. I'll pull up the plan summaries and we can go through them together.
同意。我會調出計劃摘要,我們可以一起仔細檢查。