Office Hours辦公時間
聆聽課程
0:00
0:00
#1
Good afternoon, Professor James. I hope I'm not intruding on your office hours.
詹姆斯教授,午安。我希望沒有打擾到您的辦公時間。
#2
Not at all, Hana. That is precisely what office hours are for. Please, have a seat.
一點也不,Hana。這正是辦公時間的用途。請坐。
#3
Thank you. I wanted to discuss my recent assignment and ask for some clarification.
謝謝您。我想討論我最近的作業,並請求一些澄清說明。
#4
Of course. Which assignment are you referring to, the comparative essay or the research proposal?
當然可以。妳指的是哪一項作業,是比較論文還是研究計畫?
#5
The research proposal. I found the requirements somewhat ambiguous, particularly regarding the scope of analysis.
研究計畫書。我覺得要求有些模糊,特別是關於分析的範圍。
#6
I see. Had I realised the guidelines were unclear, I would have addressed it in class.
我明白了。如果我早點意識到指南不清楚,我就會在課堂上解決這個問題了。
#7
Honestly, I think several students were equally confused but hesitant to speak up.
坦白說,我認為有幾位學生也同樣感到困惑,但卻猶豫著不敢開口。
#8
That is a fair point. Let me clarify: the proposal should focus on one specific phenomenon.
這是一個合理的觀點。讓我澄清一下:提案應聚焦於一個特定的現象。
#9
That makes much more sense now. There is one more thing I need to bring up, though.
現在聽起來合理多了。不過,還有一件事我需要提一下。
#10
Go ahead. I would rather you be forthcoming than struggle in silence.
請說。我寧願你直言不諱,也不願你獨自苦苦掙扎。
#11
Well, I was wondering whether it might be possible to get a brief extension on the deadline.
那個,我在想是否有可能稍微延長一下截止日期。
#12
I appreciate your honesty. May I ask what circumstances have led to this request?
我很欣賞你的誠實。我可以請問是什麼樣的情況導致了這項請求嗎?
#13
I have been juggling multiple deadlines, and the confusion over the scope cost me valuable time.
我一直忙於應付多個截止日期,而且對範圍的困惑耗費了我寶貴的時間。
#14
Under those circumstances, I can grant you a three-day extension without any grade penalty.
在那些情況下,我可以准許你延期三天,且不會有任何分數上的扣罰。
#15
That is incredibly generous. I assure you the final submission will reflect thorough research.
那真是太慷慨了。我向您保證,最終提交的作品將體現出詳盡的研究。
#16
I have no doubt it will. Should you need further clarification, do not hesitate to email me.
我毫不懷疑它會(反映出深入的研究)。如果您需要進一步的說明,請隨時發電子郵件給我。
#17
I will definitely do that. Thank you for being so approachable and understanding, Professor.
我一定會那樣做的。教授,謝謝您的平易近人和體諒。
#18
That is what I am here for. Best of luck with the proposal, Hana.
這正是我在這裡的目的。祝妳的計畫書順利,Hana。
#19
Thank you. I really appreciate your time today. Have a good afternoon!
謝謝您。我真的很感激您今天撥冗指導。祝您下午愉快!