Giving a Presentation进行演示
完整音频预览
0:00
0:00
#1
Good morning, distinguished colleagues.
各位尊贵的同仁,早安。
#2
I want to address something that quietly undermines even the most brilliant minds among us.
我想探讨一件悄悄削弱我们当中最杰出心智的事物。
#3
We have all endured presentations where the speaker's expertise was undeniable, yet the message fell flat.
我们都曾忍受过那种讲者的专业知识毋庸置疑,但传达的信息却枯燥乏味、毫无回响的演示。
#4
The culprit is rarely substance; it is almost invariably structure.
罪魁祸首鲜少是内容本身;几乎不变地,问题出在结构。
#5
Today, I intend to dismantle the myth that compelling slides alone can carry a presentation to its intended destination.
今天,我打算拆解一个迷思:仅凭引人入胜的幻灯片,就能带领一场演示达到其预期目标。
#6
Let me begin with the architecture of a presentation itself.
让我从简报本身的架构开始讲起。
#7
a provocative opening, a substantive middle, and an indelible conclusion.
一个具启发性的开场、一个充实的中段,以及一个令人难以忘怀的结尾。
#8
Your opening must unsettle the audience just enough to earn their undivided attention.
你的开场白必须适度地撼动听众,足以赢得他们全神贯注的注意力。
#9
The middle section is where you substantiate each key point with evidence that resonates on both intellectual and emotional registers.
中间部分是你用在理智与情感层面都能引起共鸣的证据,来证实每个关键点的地方。
#10
And the conclusion must not merely summarize — it must reframe everything the audience thought they understood.
结论绝不能仅仅是总结——它必须重新建构听众原以为自己已经理解的一切。
#11
Now, regarding slides — and I say this with the affection of someone who has designed thousands — they are servants, not masters.
现在,关于幻灯片——我说这话是带着设计过数千张幻灯片的人那种情感——它们是仆人,而非主人。
#12
A slide cluttered with text betrays a speaker who has not distilled their thinking.
一张塞满文字的幻灯片,背叛了(揭露了)一位尚未提炼其思想的讲者。
#13
Each slide should crystallize one idea, one image, one provocation.
每张幻灯片都应该使一个想法、一个影像或一个启发变得清晰明确。
#14
If your audience is reading your slides, they have already stopped listening to you.
如果你的听众正在阅读你的幻灯片,他们就已经停止听你说话了。
#15
The moment you cede the audience's gaze to the screen, you have relinquished your most potent instrument: your own presence.
当你将观众的目光让给屏幕的那一刻,你就已经放弃了你最强而有力的工具:你自己的存在感。
#16
Finally, let us confront the portion most presenters dread: questions from the audience.
最后,让我们来面对大多数演讲者最恐惧的部分:观众提问。
#17
The Q&A is not an interrogation to survive; it is an opportunity to deepen the dialogue you have initiated.
问答环节并非一场为了生存而进行的审问;而是一个深化你所发起的对话的契机。
#18
When someone poses a challenging question, resist the impulse to become defensive.
当有人提出具有挑战性的问题时,请克制住想要变得具防卫性的冲动。
#19
Instead, acknowledge the question's merit, restate it for clarity, and then respond with measured candor.
相反,承认问题的价值,为了清晰起见重述一遍,然后以审慎的坦率进行回答。
#20
The finest presenters treat hostile questions as gifts — each one reveals precisely where the audience's skepticism resides.
最优秀的演讲者将怀有敌意的提问视为礼物——每一个提问都精确地揭示了听众的怀疑所在。
#21
So, as you prepare your next presentation, remember this: your slides are the scaffolding, not the edifice.
因此,当你在准备下一次演示时,请记住这一点:你的幻灯片只是脚手架,而非建筑物本身。
#22
Your key point must be so crystalline that a child could paraphrase it.
你的核心观点必须极其清晰,以至于连孩子都能对其进行转述。
#23
Your conclusion must linger in the mind long after the projector dims.
你的結論必須在投影機熄滅後,依然長久地縈繞於腦海中。
#24
And when questions arise, welcome them as proof that your words have penetrated deeply enough to provoke thought.
当问题出现时,请将其视为证明,显示你的话语已深入人心并足以引发思考。
#25
Thank you — and I look forward to your questions.
谢谢大家——我期待各位的提问。