Laboratory Work实验室工作
完整音频预览
0:00
0:00
#1
Good morning, Hana. Welcome to the undergraduate chemistry laboratory for the first time.
早安,Hana。欢迎第一次来到本科生化学实验室。
#2
Good morning, Professor. I have to admit, I'm both thrilled and slightly intimidated by all this equipment.
教授早安。我必须承认,看到这些设备,我既感到兴奋又有些畏缩。
#3
That's a perfectly natural reaction. Were you to neglect the inherent risks here, I'd be more concerned.
那是完全正常的反应。如果你忽视了这里固有的风险,我反而会更担心。
#4
Fair point. So, where do we begin today?
有道理。那么,我们今天从哪里开始呢?
#5
First and foremost, let me outline the safety protocols that govern everything we do here.
首先,让我概述一下规范我们这里所有行为的安全协议。
#6
I read the handbook online, but I suppose hands-on guidance is indispensable.
我已经在网上读过手册了,但我认为实际的指导是不可或缺的。
#7
Precisely. Under no circumstances should you handle chemicals without wearing protective goggles and gloves.
正是如此。在任何情况下,你都不应在未佩戴防护护目镜和手套的情况下处理化学品。
#8
Got it. What about the fume hood? I've seen those in YouTube videos but never used one.
明白了。那通风橱呢?我在 YouTube 视频上见过那些,但从未用过。
#9
The fume hood extracts toxic vapours so that you aren't exposed to harmful substances.
通风橱会抽出有毒蒸气,好让你不会暴露在有害物质中。
#10
That makes sense. Now, what experiment are we conducting today, if I may ask?
那很有道理。那么,如果可以请问的话,我们今天要进行什么实验呢?
#11
We'll be testing a hypothesis about the reaction rate between zinc and hydrochloric acid.
我们将测试一个关于锌与盐酸之间反应速率的假设。
#12
Interesting! I actually debated reaction kinetics with my chemistry teacher last week.
太有趣了!我上周其实才跟我的化学老师辩论过反应动力学。
#13
Excellent. Now, set up the equipment precisely as indicated in the procedure sheet on your bench.
太好了。现在,请精确地按照你实验桌上程序单中的指示来组装设备。
#14
Let me check — a conical flask, a measuring cylinder, a stopwatch, and a thermometer. Is that everything?
让我检查一下——一个圆底烧瓶、一个量筒、一个秒表和一个温度计。就这些了吗?
#15
Indeed. Should you notice any irregularities during the experiment, record them immediately in your logbook.
的确。如果在实验过程中发现任何异常情况,请立即记录在你的实验日志中。
#16
Will do. I'll also take photos for my lab report, provided that's permitted.
我会照做的。我也会为我的实验报告拍照,前提是那是被允许的。
#17
By all means. Now, once you've obtained your result, compare it with the theoretical prediction.
当然可以。现在,一旦你得到了结果,就将其与理论预测进行比较。
#18
What if the result deviates significantly from what we anticipated?
如果结果与我们预期的有显著偏差该怎么办?
#19
Then we investigate the discrepancy. Not only does an unexpected result teach us something, but it also refines our hypothesis.
那么我们就调查其中的差异。出乎意料的结果不仅能让我们学到东西,还能完善我们的假设。
#20
That's reassuring. I suppose science is as much about embracing failure as celebrating success.
那真令人宽慰。我想科学与其说是庆祝成功,不如说是拥抱失败。
#21
Couldn't have put it better myself. Now, let's get started, shall we?
我也没法说得比这更好了。现在,我们开始吧,好吗?