Phone Call
Listen to Course
0:00
0:00
#1
Hey Tom, I tried reaching the client's procurement department earlier, but I got their voicemail.
嘿 Tom,我剛才試著聯絡客戶的採購部門,但轉進了語音信箱。
#2
That's not unusual for a Monday morning. Did you leave a detailed message?
週一早上發生這種事並不罕見。你有留下一則詳細的訊息嗎?
#3
I did, but I'm not confident they'll get back to me promptly. Should I request a callback?
我有(留了言),但我沒信心他們會及時回覆我。我應該要求回電嗎?
#4
Absolutely. When dealing with large vendors, it's essential that you explicitly request a callback within a specific timeframe.
當然。在與大型供應商打交道時,明確要求在特定時間範圍內回電至關重要。
#5
Good point. I'll mention that the matter is time-sensitive and ask them to call by Wednesday.
說得好。我會提到這件事具有時效性,並要求他們在週三前致電。
#6
Also, if you do get through, the receptionist might put you on hold for quite a while.
此外,如果你真的接通了,接待員可能會讓你線上等候相當長一段時間。
#7
That happened last time. I was on hold for nearly fifteen minutes before anyone picked up.
上次就是那樣。我等了將近十五分鐘的電話轉接才有人接聽。
#8
In that case, politely ask to be transferred directly to the project liaison instead of waiting.
在這種情況下,請禮貌地要求直接轉接到專案聯絡人,而不是在那裡等候。
#9
That makes sense. What if the liaison isn't available either?
那很有道理。要是聯絡人也不在的話該怎麼辦?
#10
Then leave a concise voicemail outlining the deliverables and the deadline we're working against.
那麼留下一則簡潔的語音訊息,概述交付成果以及我們正在趕辦的截止日期。
#11
Should I also follow up with an email so there's a written record?
我是否也應該再發一封電子郵件跟進,以便留下書面記錄?
#12
Without a doubt. Never should you rely solely on a phone call for critical communications.
毫無疑問。你絕不應該僅僅依賴電話來進行關鍵的溝通。
#13
Understood. I'll call them again this afternoon and handle it the way you suggested.
明白了。我今天下午會再打給他們,並按照你建議的方式處理。
#14
Great. Let me know once you've heard back, and we'll take it from there.
太好了。一旦你收到回覆就讓我知道,我們再從那裡開始後續行動。