Paying & Tipping: Conversation (Intermediate)
Listen to Course
0:00
0:00
#1
This restaurant was amazing! I really enjoyed the pasta dish.
這家餐廳太棒了!我真的很喜歡那道義大利麵。
#2
Me too! The service was excellent today, wasn't it?
我也是!今天的服務很棒,不是嗎?
#3
Yes, our waiter was very friendly and helpful throughout dinner.
是的,我們的服務生在整個晚餐過程中都非常友善且樂於助人。
#4
Should we ask for the bill now? I'm ready to pay.
我們現在該買單了嗎?我準備好要付錢了。
#5
Good idea. I'll call the waiter over to our table.
好主意。我來把服務生叫到我們桌邊。
#6
Here's your bill. The total comes to eighty-five dollars today.
這是您的帳單。今天的總金額是八十五美元。
#7
Thanks. Do you want to split the bill, Sarah?
謝謝。莎拉,妳想要平分帳單嗎?
#8
Actually, I think we should pay separately because I ordered more.
事實上,我想我們應該分開付錢,因為我點的比較多。
#9
That's fair. Can we pay with credit cards here, please?
那很公平。請問我們可以在這裡用信用卡付費嗎?
#10
Of course! I can split it however you'd like easily.
當然沒問題!我可以按照您想要的任何方式輕鬆地拆分帳單。
#11
Perfect! So my part is fifty dollars including my dessert.
太好了!所以我這部分的金額是五十美元,包含我的甜點。
#12
And mine is thirty-five dollars for the main course only.
而我的是三十五美元,僅包含主菜。
#13
Wait, should we leave a tip for the excellent service?
等等,我們應該為了這優質的服務留小費嗎?
#14
Definitely! In this country, fifteen to twenty percent is standard practice.
當然!在這個國家,百分之十五到二十是標準做法。
#15
Right. I'll add ten dollars as my tip then.
好的。那我會再多加十美元作為我的小費。
#16
Good choice! I'm leaving seven dollars which is twenty percent exactly.
好選擇!我要留七塊錢,這剛好是百分之二十。
#17
Thank you both so much! I really appreciate your generosity.
非常感謝你們兩位!我真的很感激你們的大方。
#18
You're welcome! The food and service were both outstanding tonight.
不客氣!今晚的食物和服務都非常出色。
#19
Yes, we'll definitely come back here again very soon.
是的,我們很快肯定會再回來的。
#20
That's wonderful to hear! Have a great evening, both of you.
那真是太好了!祝你們兩位有個愉快的夜晚。
#21
Mike, I learned something important today about tipping customs here.
Mike,我今天學到了關於這裡小費習俗的重要事情。
#22
What did you learn that was so interesting about it?
你學到了什麼關於它的有趣之處?
#23
In my country, we don't usually tip because service is included.
在我的國家,我們通常不給小費,因為服務費已經包含在內了。
#24
That's quite different! Here, servers depend on tips for their income.
那相當不同!在這裡,服務生依靠小費作為他們的收入。
#25
Now I understand why tipping is so important in restaurants here.
現在我明白為什麼在這裡的餐廳給小費是如此重要了。