Office Small Talk
Listen to Course
0:00
0:00
#1
Hey, Alex! I don't think we've had a chance to properly introduce ourselves yet.
嘿,艾力克斯!我想我們還沒有機會正式互相自我介紹。
#2
Oh, hi there! You're right, I've seen you around but we haven't actually talked.
喔,你好!你說得對,我常看到你,但我們還沒真正交談過。
#3
I'm Tom, the project manager for the development team. I've been here about eight years now.
我是 Tom,開發團隊的專案經理。我已經在這裡待了大約八年了。
#4
Nice to meet you, Tom. I'm Alex, a software engineer. I just joined the company three weeks ago.
很高興認識你,Tom。我是 Alex,一名軟體工程師。我三週前才剛加入公司。
#5
Welcome aboard! So how are you settling in? Moving to a new city can be quite overwhelming.
歡迎加入!那麼你適應得如何?搬到一個新城市可能會讓人感到不知所措。
#6
Thanks! It's been a bit of an adjustment, honestly. I hadn't lived anywhere outside my hometown before this.
謝謝!老實說,這需要一點時間適應。在這之前,我從未住在故鄉以外的任何地方。
#7
That's a big step. Where did you move from, if you don't mind me asking?
那是一大步。如果你不介意我問的話,你從哪裡搬來的?
#8
I came from a small town near Portland. The pace of life here is completely different.
我來自波特蘭附近的一個小鎮。這裡的生活節奏完全不同。
#9
I can imagine. By the way, have you noticed how unpredictable the weather has been lately?
我能想像。順帶一提,你有注意到最近的天氣有多麼變化無常嗎?
#10
Absolutely! I had expected it to be sunny this week, but it's been raining nonstop since Monday.
一點也沒錯!我原本預期這週會是晴天,但從週一以來就一直下雨沒停過。
#11
That's typical for this time of year. You'll have gotten used to it by next spring, I promise.
這在每年的這個時候很常見。我保證,到明年春天你就會習慣了。
#12
I hope so. At least the rain gives me an excuse to explore indoor spots around the city.
我也希望如此。至少這場雨給了我一個藉口去探索城市裡的室內景點。
#13
Speaking of exploring, have you found any good lunch spots nearby? There are some great options.
說到探索,你最近在附近有發現什麼不錯的午餐地點嗎?這裡有一些很棒的選擇。
#14
Not yet. I've mostly been eating at my desk because I've been swamped with the onboarding process.
還沒。我大部分時間都在座位上吃,因為我最近忙於入職培訓流程。
#15
You should definitely take a proper lunch break. There's an Italian place around the corner that everyone loves.
你絕對應該好好休個午假。轉角處有一家大家都喜愛的義大利餐廳。
#16
That sounds amazing. I've been craving something other than sandwiches from the vending machine.
那聽起來太棒了。我一直很渴望吃點販賣機三明治以外的東西。
#17
Why don't we grab lunch there together tomorrow? I could show you a few other places too.
我們明天要不要一起去那裡吃午餐?我也可以帶你看其他幾個地方。
#18
I'd really appreciate that. By the way, how's the current project going? I heard the deadline was moved.
我真的很感激。順便問一下,目前的專案進展如何?我聽說截止日期延後了。
#19
It's been quite intense. The deadline had originally been set for March, but it was pushed back to April.
最近變得很緊湊。截止日期原本設定在三月,但被延後到了四月。
#20
That must be a relief. Having extra time to refine the product should make a real difference.
那一定鬆了一口氣。有額外的時間來完善產品應該會產生實質的影響。
#21
Exactly. And we could definitely use a fresh perspective from someone like you on the team.
沒錯。而且團隊中確實很需要像你這樣的人提供新的觀點。
#22
I'm looking forward to contributing. So, any plans for the weekend? I need recommendations for things to do.
我很期待能有所貢獻。那麼,週末有什麼計畫嗎?我需要一些活動建議。
#23
My family and I usually go hiking when the weather cooperates. You're welcome to join us sometime.
我和家人通常會在天氣配合時去健行。歡迎你找個時間加入我們。
#24
That sounds wonderful. Thanks for being so welcoming, Tom. I really appreciate it.
那聽起來太棒了。謝謝你這麼熱情,Tom。我真的很感激。