Asking for Directions
Listen to Course
0:00
0:00
#1
Hey Lisa, I hate to admit it, but I think we're completely lost.
嘿,麗莎,我很不想承認,但我想我們徹底迷路了。
#2
What makes you say that? We've been following this map for the last twenty minutes.
你為什麼這麼說?過去二十分鐘我們一直跟著這張地圖走。
#3
Well, that cathedral was supposed to be a major landmark, but it's nowhere in sight.
嗯,那座大教堂本該是個主要地標,但現在卻不見蹤影。
#4
Let me have a look. I suspect we took a wrong turn at that roundabout earlier.
讓我看一下。我懷疑我們剛才在那個圓環轉錯彎了。
#5
Should we ask someone for directions? There's a woman standing by that flower shop.
我們應該向人問路嗎?那邊花店旁邊站著一位女士。
#6
Good idea. Excuse me, could you tell us how to get to the old market square?
好主意。不好意思,請問您可以告訴我們怎麼去舊市場廣場嗎?
#7
We've been trying to find it, but the streets here are rather confusing.
我們一直試著尋找它,但這裡的街道相當令人困惑。
#8
We'd really appreciate it if you could point us in the right direction.
如果您能為我們指點正確的方向,我們將不勝感激。
#9
She said we need to walk straight for about three blocks past the fountain.
她說我們需要直走大約三個街區,經過噴泉。
#10
That's not too bad. What's the approximate distance from here, do you reckon?
那還不算太糟。你覺得從這裡出發的大約距離是多少?
#11
Roughly a fifteen-minute walk, provided we don't wander off course again.
大約十五分鐘的路程,前提是我們別再走偏了。
#12
At least now we have a concrete landmark to look for — that stone fountain.
至少現在我們有一個具體的標誌物可以尋找——就是那個石造噴泉。
#13
You know, had I downloaded the offline map beforehand, we wouldn't be in this mess.
你知道嗎,如果我事先下載了離線地圖,我們現在就不會陷入這種困境了。
#14
No use dwelling on that now. Besides, getting lost is half the adventure, isn't it?
現在糾結那個也沒用了。況且,迷路也是冒險的一部分,不是嗎?
#15
That's precisely what I always tell my blog readers — embrace the unexpected detours.
那正是我一直告訴我的部落格讀者的——擁抱那些意想不到的曲折。
#16
Well then, let's put the map away and enjoy the walk to the square.
那麼,我們把地圖收起來,享受走向廣場的這段路程吧。
#17
Oh look, there it is! The stone fountain she mentioned is right around the corner.
喔你看,就在那裡!她提到的那座石造噴泉就在轉角處。
#18
Brilliant! And the market square must be just beyond it, within walking distance.
太棒了!市集廣場一定就在它後面不遠處,步行即可到達。
#19
I can already see the stalls from here. This place is absolutely stunning.
我已經可以看到這裡的攤位了。這地方簡直美極了。
#20
Next time, remind me to study the map more carefully before we set off.
下次,在我們出發前,請提醒我要更仔細地研究地圖。